Unfortunately the immune system doesn't escape from the deleterious effects of stress, and in this stressful time here are some tips, the health shops are closed but any of the following can be ordered directly from Nutri advanced...freephone number is 0800212742 and link Ruth Holmes as the practitoner if wanted.
1. Immune health starts in the gut, the gastrointestinal system is a natural barrier and one of our frontline defence systems to protect us from harm, so keeping the gut balanced plays a vital role in keeping us well,also stress and sugar feed the bad bacteria, so a daily Lactobacillus acidophilus helps (code is 3401 or for extra strenght code is 44076)
2. Omega-3 Fatty acids benefits for the immune system have been shown to be vast, as this is a major constituitive part of cellular membranes helping them remain intake against any invasion. (code is 3301)
3. Vitamin D is crucial for immune health, unlike most essential nutrients we cannot rely on food to replenish our stores, as the main source of Vitamin D is not from food but sunshine (code is 3450)
4. Vitamin C always a key player for immune support, it is a powerful antioxidant, has antiinflammatory activity and supports the bodies ability to fight infections. (code is 3350)
5. Selenium is essential, and presently the selenium levels in our soil are one of the lowest in the world, selenium deficiency speeds up the rate that viruses can mutate (code is 3240)
6. Zinc, any deficiency in zinc levels suppresses the immune system and the body's ability to deal with infection (code is 3150)
7. Beta glucans, are naturally found in beneficial bacteria and specific fungi, the body uses these to make cell walls and store energy..Immunoblast code is (1505)
8. Vitamin A regulates some genes involved in immune function usually best taken as part of a multi vitamin complex (code is 3250)...usually best taken within a multi vitamin complex (code is 1505)
Elderberry extract has natural anti viral acticity and excellent for the respiratory system.
Rest and Relax, schedule some form of this into each day whether this is a dog walk, reading,drawing, 10 minute mindfulness or just being away from all technology...then Cortisol levels will reduce, as when raised affect inflammation and decreases white cell function which are an essential for fighting infection.
Ruth is taking phone consultations, and can still dispense and post